We are now accepting submissions for our Fall 2018 issue. Please submit all work by 11:59pm EST on Monday, September 3, 2018 to be considered for publication. Acceptance emails will be sent out approximately one month after the September deadline. Submissions should be emailed in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication on the review is highly selective and rigorous. Each submission passes through a blind peer review process and is assessed on academic merit, originality, and historical relevance. If a submission is accepted, its author will be notified and the editorial process will commence. This process ensures that submissions are free of errors and have all the characteristics of scholarly writing when published. Ideal submissions are between 2500 and 8500 words; submissions longer than this may be shortened appropriately during the review process. Please refrain from submitting theses that are significantly longer than 8500 words.
In order to be considered for publication, submissions must meet the following requirements:
- The submission email must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Subject/title of email must be in the format “Submission for Fall 2018: <Short title here>”
- Include author name, preferred name, and university.
- The author must be an undergraduate student or must have graduated no earlier than the spring of 2018.
- Authors may only submit one work for consideration per issue.
- Authors must be willing to commit upon acceptance to an editorial review process (~2-3 weeks) in which our editors will prepare the submission for publication.
- The submission must not have been previously published in any student, professional, or academic publication. Because the work will be put into Vanderbilt’s archives, we require the author(s) to sign a distribution agreement form (provided upon acceptance).
- Submissions must adhere to rules outlined in the most recent publication of the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Submissions must have an abstract of 50-100 words (which can be provided after acceptance).
- Submissions must have a title composed of both a short title (up to 50 characters) followed by a long title (up to 125 characters). For example, “Art as Power: The Medici Family as Magi in the Fifteenth Century.” (“Art as Power” constitutes the short title, and “The Medici Family as Magi in the Fifteenth Century” constitutes the long title)
- Submitted writing must be divided into at least 3 or more sections with relevant section titles.
- The submission document itself must have the name of the author removed from all pages